NO PLACE LIKE HOME......

Hi . My name is Stephanie and I am new to being an author on a blog. I have been an avid follower of many decorating blogs and have become, well addicted. I have found inspiration from many of these sites and thought I would give this a try.

I am a Mom of two wonderful young men. I am married to an amazing man who is in law enforcement. Which is why I named my blog No Place Like Home. After a long, intense day we all like to come HOME where we can feel safe and release the pressures of the day.

Welcome and buckle up for the ride :)

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ten Things I love.....(at this moment)

Ten things that I love at this moment.  First off I find attracted to  any cozy home, farmhouse style, cottage style or beach cottage that instantly feels like "HOME".  You know the place where you feel welcome, warm, cozy and relaxed.  As I age broaden my horizons, my decorating style seems to change.
Porches.  A place to sit, relax and visit with friends, family and neighbors.

White pitchers.  I really like Ironstone, but any nice white pitcher gets my attention.

Flowers make me smile and especially big, beautiful hydrangea flowers.

White dishes.  I love the way this kitchen has open shelving to display the white dishes.  (Photo from Goodbye House Hello Home)

Vintage silverware.  Why?  I do not know. Maybe it is the history it holds, maybe it sparks a special memory for me.  Unsure.  I am sure I love vintage silverware.

Unique, classic lighting.  It just feels like HOME.

Cozy quilts and beds that just say "Don't leave. Stay awhile longer and snuggle."

Wooden cutting/bread boards.  Again, it is the warmth, the history and the many hands that must have touched the boards.  (Photo from Our Vintage Home)

These are few of my favorite things.  What inspires you?  Do share.
Peace,
Stephanie


2 comments:

  1. love the inspiration! :) I agree with everything you say as well :)
    You know, the horseshoe thing... I'll explain it in my post about my mudroom ;) so keep checking in!
    Thank you so much for your kind words about my home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my. goodness! You are right- we were separated at birth! I love all of these things as well as everything else on your blog!
    Thank you for the connection!
    Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete