NO PLACE LIKE HOME......

Hi . My name is Stephanie and I am new to being an author on a blog. I have been an avid follower of many decorating blogs and have become, well addicted. I have found inspiration from many of these sites and thought I would give this a try.

I am a Mom of two wonderful young men. I am married to an amazing man who is in law enforcement. Which is why I named my blog No Place Like Home. After a long, intense day we all like to come HOME where we can feel safe and release the pressures of the day.

Welcome and buckle up for the ride :)

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fall or Autumn. Which Do You Prefer?

Sitting on my side porch on this beautiful August evening.  The sun is slowly going down and the locust are playing their evening music.  There is a smell of the local Fair food in the air and I can hear the various sounds of the fair.  Wow, where has summer gone?  In a few short weeks the children of the area will be returning to school.  The evenings are getting cooler and the days are somewhat shorter.  Are you  ready for the change in seasons?  I am not.  Don't get me wrong, I love Fall.  I just do not love what follows the beautiful season. WINTER.  Winter here in Ohio seems to go FOREVER.   Enough of the silliness...onto the subject at hand ;)

Which do you prefer Fall or Autumn?  Without really thinking about it I generally always use Fall.  I am not sure why I do.  Autumn sounds so grand.  Every year about this time, I start to want to decorate for Fall.  I sometimes think I am rushing the wonderful seasons, but I think it is just I yearn for changes in scenery.  Here are some Fall decorating ideas I came across today.


This is a lovely place to sit from Rebecca's at Front Porch Ideas.

I love the welcoming colors.  This looks so grand. ( HGTV Fall decorating ideas.)


I like the pumpkin topiary.  Might have to try these this Fall.
(HGTV)

A rustic vignette (Front Porch Ideas)

Now if I could steal borrow an antler from the hubs I could copy this rustic setting.  (Front Porch Ideas)

Simple and elegant.

(Front Porch Ideas)

I find this to be very inviting.  (Front Porch Ideas)
Hope this inspires you to decorate your home for Fall, I mean Autumn ;)
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace,
Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. I always say fall too!
    Autumn sounds like it should be in a poem or something. I love the pumpkin topiaries.
    They look great and love the setting by the plum colored front door as well.

    Enjoy these last days of summer.
    It always goes by tooooo fast.
    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say "fall" and these cool mornings have me gearing up for it!! I'm ready to decorate my mantel and get mums and pumpkins for the front porch. I have always wanted to do one of those pumpkin topiaries- maybe this year is the year!

    ReplyDelete