NO PLACE LIKE HOME......

Hi . My name is Stephanie and I am new to being an author on a blog. I have been an avid follower of many decorating blogs and have become, well addicted. I have found inspiration from many of these sites and thought I would give this a try.

I am a Mom of two wonderful young men. I am married to an amazing man who is in law enforcement. Which is why I named my blog No Place Like Home. After a long, intense day we all like to come HOME where we can feel safe and release the pressures of the day.

Welcome and buckle up for the ride :)

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wow, 1981.  This Friday night is my 30th class reunion.  Where did the time go? Sadly I will not be attending the events.  So I thought a little tribute to the 1981 was appropriate. 

Ronald Reagan became the 40th President of the USA

Camero's and Trans Ams were the HOT cars

Most "guys" in my area either drove a HOT car or choose to drive a truck.

Do you remember some of the shoes?  I LOVED Candies. Remember the "plastic" soles? Remember how those cool shoes did NOT bend....EVER?

Designers jeans were the thing to be seen in.  My choice was Gloria Vanderbildt.  While most of my friends spoted Jordache

In my neck of the woods it was COOL to be cruising around the town on the weekend with your car stereo LOUD.  Remember the songs were on cassettes.  Some of the top songs were Kim Carnes "Bette Davis Eyes", Diana Ross and Lionel Richie "Endless Love" and Kenny Rogers hits was "Lady". When you read those titles did you hear the song in your head?

Lady Diana Spencer wedded Prince Charles.

Leg warmers were for some reason cool to.  Really?  Did we wear those things?

The 3M corporation launched Post-It Notes.  Is there anyone out there who does not use a Post-It note at least one time a day?

Movies of 1981 Nine to Five.
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Spiderman II and Any Which Way But Loose.

Another little look at the awesome shoes we wore.  Oh yes, the socks with dressy sandals and wedge soles.  Do you remember crepe soles?

1981 was the birth of the first Test Tube Baby. 
The term Internet was first mentioned in 1981.
The US and Iran signed an agreement to release 52 hostages held in Teheran since 1979.
An average house cost $78,200.00
The average income was $21,050.00
Rent was around $315.00
Gas was...... are you ready?  Gas was $1.25 per gallon.  Yep a gallon was a whopping $1.25.


My school Mascot was and still is the Charging Knights.
West Holmes High School.
30 years.
Where did it go?
What year of reunion are you about to celebrate?  Do share.
Peace,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment