NO PLACE LIKE HOME......

Hi . My name is Stephanie and I am new to being an author on a blog. I have been an avid follower of many decorating blogs and have become, well addicted. I have found inspiration from many of these sites and thought I would give this a try.

I am a Mom of two wonderful young men. I am married to an amazing man who is in law enforcement. Which is why I named my blog No Place Like Home. After a long, intense day we all like to come HOME where we can feel safe and release the pressures of the day.

Welcome and buckle up for the ride :)

Friday, April 15, 2011

Part II - Churches and Massive Doors

                        Like I promised this is Part II of my hometown. 
These are a few churches that I pass along my evening walk.  I have always been interested in the gigantic doors that adorn old churches and buildings.  There is just something GRAND about them. 
MCC - Millersburg Christian Church
Please excuse the shadows.

Millersburg Presbyterian Church

Faith Lutheran Church
Notice not only the grand doors, but the steps are not poured concrete, they are large stones. Obviously original to the building. The events, both happy and sad, that these steps must have been a part of...if only they could talk.

The McDowell Home
Did you happen to notice that each of these grand doorways are adorned with beautiful glass?

Growing up in this town I have seen many grand homes and buildings torn down.  Sadly it is supposed to be a move forward.  I wish that I had taken photos (or my parents had taken more photos) of the buildings that are no longer with us.  I applaud those that take on the challenge of restoring old homes and buildings. Construction of today is just not as detailed and sturdy as those of yesterday.


I hope you have enjoyed this brief tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment