NO PLACE LIKE HOME......

Hi . My name is Stephanie and I am new to being an author on a blog. I have been an avid follower of many decorating blogs and have become, well addicted. I have found inspiration from many of these sites and thought I would give this a try.

I am a Mom of two wonderful young men. I am married to an amazing man who is in law enforcement. Which is why I named my blog No Place Like Home. After a long, intense day we all like to come HOME where we can feel safe and release the pressures of the day.

Welcome and buckle up for the ride :)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back To The Real World!

I was lucky enough to have not only a holiday weekend, but an extended one at that. I took a vacation day so the last day I worked was Friday and now I must return to the real world tomorrow.

This past weekend was a BEAUTIFUL Ohio weather weekend.  The hubs and I took a short camping trip, the first of this season.  So we did a little of this:
Sorry this is a photo from last year a stay at one of our favorite campsites.  We stayed at a new place and I forgot the camera.  So sorry.

We did a lot of this.  Well the hubs did the cooking, I did the enjoying!

We did a little of this.  NO Wheelies!!! Just riding.  NO THIS IS NOT US!!! I would not be sitting there waving so casually.  We both have a little sunburn.  We even applied sunscreen every hour.  Maybe it is a little wind burn mixed in. :)  Either way, it was a lot of fun and relaxing.

We also did a little dreaming.  We went "window shopping" in Cambridge for a lite travel trailer.  DREAMING is all.
I have to chuckle.  The hubs was looking at the brochures after we got home and seeing what all the options were.  He decided to price directly from the mfg and see what the markup is at a dealer.  Which is more cost effective, direct purchase or dealership with the perks.  Anywhooo, he was looking at the options and seriously asked me..... "In the kitchen, do you want Granite counter tops?" I busted out laughing and said "Honey, I do not think that ones travel trailer should be better equipped then the home you live in!!!"  What a hoot.  But, yes that is an option.  I could live high on the hog in a travel trailer, much better than what we have in our year round, stick built home.  Dreaming.......
So what did you do for your holiday weekend?  Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment