NO PLACE LIKE HOME......

Hi . My name is Stephanie and I am new to being an author on a blog. I have been an avid follower of many decorating blogs and have become, well addicted. I have found inspiration from many of these sites and thought I would give this a try.

I am a Mom of two wonderful young men. I am married to an amazing man who is in law enforcement. Which is why I named my blog No Place Like Home. After a long, intense day we all like to come HOME where we can feel safe and release the pressures of the day.

Welcome and buckle up for the ride :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What do you do in the 95 degree weather? I go outside.....

So today was another hot, humid 95 plus degree day in Ohio. What did my husband and I decide to do?  Stay inside in the cool a/c?  NO.  Go swimming in a refreshing pool? NO.  We decided to travel to Mansfield to Kingwood Center where we did a self guided tour through the beautiful gardens and greenhouses.
Look closely at this photo.  Nestled in the red flowers. Do you see him/her?  A Peacock.  Trying to stay cool in a shady garden.

Dole or Del Monte?  Ohio???? I want one too.





One of their gorgeous Day Lilly beds.


Wouldn't this be a beautiful setting for a wedding?



This was one of two beautiful Peacocks on the grounds today.  They decided to call to each other frequently throughout the afternoon.  I was hoping to get a photo of this one with its tail fanned open. No such luck. The hubs was the one behind the camera today and decided we were getting a little to close for comfort.

I hope you all enjoyed the gardens and landscaping as much as we did today.  I was a little lot disappointed as the mansion was not open to tour.  It is open by appointment only.  Ding-dang it.

Thanks for stopping by.
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty gardens Stephanie!
    Love the peacock shot.
    They are scary when they get too close!
    (Visuons of Hitchcock's The Birds running through my head!)
    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete